zondag 19 februari 2012

Shoshin (UK) 'In Session', Thursday September 15th 2011.

Shoshin (Manchester), In Session.
Recorded: September 15th 2011, ‘Gouwestad Radio Studio 2.
Tracks: Soundcheck/SWKP (Tk 1-2)/Surrounded (Tk 1-2)/Big Bang/English Rainstorms (Tk 1-2).

The day before this session I decided to leave the subway froim work earlier and strolled through the center of Rotterdam, when I heard a band play live. Hearing familiair structures, I said to myself: ‘Sounds like Shoshin’, a Mancurian band I met early 2011 for an interview. Arriving at the scene, it WAS the band, playing one of their infamous Guerilla gigs. I sat down, watching and listening and when the set was over, I asked them wether they would do a session the next day. Which happened! To achieve the dub-like vocal sound, singer Pete brought his own device, which gradually increased in volume, while heating up throughout the session. Which was a nice one.

Geen opmerkingen: