zondag 9 februari 2014

Mark Lotterman, 'Paradijskerk' Rotterdam, Friday February 7th 2014.

Mark Lotterman (Rotterdam), 2-track recorded.
Friday February 7th 2014, 'Paradijskerk' Rotterdam.
Tracks: I Need Something To Drink/The Hell That We Create/Scenes From Childhood/Year Without Summer/Love Is A Mountain Too High/Indie/Brighton/Hit Me When I’m Weak/It Ain’t Only Sorrow/Leaving For School/Rolling Stones/I Woke Up (Thinking That They Hate Me)/Almost 25/Too Stoned To Do It/I Miss You/Hotelroom In Rome/Funny (Encore).

Note: the day before Mark presented his 4th CD ‘Year Without Summer’, he asked me to make a frontal stage audience recording of the set, like I did December 20th 2013 in Gouda. Which I felt honoured to do. The presentation was held in a beautifuilly lit 19th century neo-classical Old-Catholic Church, with chandeleers, stainglass windows, arches and a beautifull echo all over the place. The church was packed and the atmosphere relaxed and joyfull. The perfect vsetting for Mark’s slightly stripped and personal songs. Which sounded so much better than the CD itself. Thrilling!

Geen opmerkingen: